Saturday, August 13, 2011

Putting up Peaches

Love Bug and I picked up 1/2 bushel of Red Haven Peaches this week and I processed them in record time!

(16) 1 pound containers in the freezer

You have to add  lemon juice & a liquid to cover the peaches so they don't turn brown.  I used Apple Juice instead of a simple syrup.  Gpa Mellema always used Orange Juice.  =)


Peach Jam

Those wide mouth 1/2 pint jars in the front are my FAVORITE for jamming!

Note to self ... the dark color of Raw Sugar turns the jam from a bright peach to a pumpkin orange.  Next year use Evaporated Cane Juice Crystals.  =)

6 comments:

Sharon Marie said...

Yummy! Just looking at your peaches makes me fantasize about a dish of hot peach cobbler with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream melting on top. :)

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

You two have been busy girls!! All looks delicious!
xoRobin❤

Sarah Faith said...

so do you have an extra freezer or deep freeze? That seems like a lot to freeze!

Erin Joy said...

Sarah, I have a small chest freezer. =)

@ $13 per 1/2 bushel I'm thinking I might want another box!

penelope10 said...

Just love the look of canned fruits! and so good!

Reginas Cottage said...

hi erin,
you are a busy girl.i wish i had peaches in my freezer.
have a nice sunday,
regina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...