Friday, October 16, 2009

A Week of Knitting

I didn't blog this week because I was busy knitting.  I'm sorry but I have pretty pictures to make up for it.  =)

I've wanted to knit a sweater for a very long time, but the amount yarn needed and time required to knit an adult sized one was daunting.  So I decided to knit a small sweater and here it is:



I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  =)  It's a free pattern download from Ravelry called Toddler Tunic.  The yarn was dyed by my dear friend Sue and was an absolute dream to knit.

So what do you think?  Does the sweater read boy, girl or either?


















I also want to shout out a huge THANK YOU to all the wonderful comments on my Quilt Festival entry.  I'm so glad you stopped by to see it and you are welcome to come back any time.

Love,

Erin

7 comments:

Dee said...

I'm going for girl, but I've been dressing boys for years! This is such a fun, adorable, little sweetheart of a sweater! It's perfect for fall weather. Thanks for sharing!

kimmiekuhl said...

I think it reads baby girl Jewel w/ pigtails and a big hug for Auntie Erin!

Sue said...

Love.It. Really, you made the Whoville yarn look fabulous! So nice...your knitting, the pattern...you totally brought it all together. Nice job!

LOL, the word verification for my comment was my initials and "seam". I hope I have time to seam some fabric soon!

Dolly said...

It reads boy or girl to me......when they're young, you can go all out with color !

I've made a few little sweaters, too, (never trusted myself to make the investment for one big enough to fit me), and it's so much fun !

I think you did a WONDERFUL job.......congratulations !

suburbangranola said...

I . Love. It. Boy or girl, I think

Susan Marie said...

I am going with girl, but I may be biased because I instantly picture it on my three year old daughter. Great job!

Unknown said...

Love the sweater, great job! I just added it to my list to lol.
I think it would be great for either a boy or girl.
Kim
www.homestead-acres.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...