Wednesday, May 07, 2008

DGD's Goals for Summer 2008

Summer is just around the corner so I need to start planning! I started out by pulling out my bin of warm-weather clothing and tried everything on. I was pleasantly surprised that only 2 pairs of shorts and jumper need to go to Goodwill. I'm almost 30 and I don't feel the need to wear such short things anymore. I need to wash everything because it acquired a boxed-up, musty smell. =( For the first time since Abigail was born, I don't have any clothing to pull out of my reserves. We used to get lovely hand-me-downs from my friend Suzie at church but Abigail has outgrown her oldest. LOL. I'm going to see how long the 5 or 6 short sleeved play dresses will last before purchasing anything else. =) Next week, I'll pull out Mr. K's warm-weather clothing and start swapping out his closet. I'm estimating that our down comforters will need to be packed away within in the next 4-5 weeks.

Last summer was NOT a pretty sight. I was pretty much an drifting boat without a sail. Four out of five weeknights, Mr. K would come home from work to Abigail and I having horrible fights. This summer I'm making a few concrete goals so that everyone in the Kortering family will have a pleasant summer.
  1. Television free from June 1 to August 31. I don't want to have the temptation to use the "electronic" babysitter so I'm going to move the tube to the basement. We can watch occasional DVDs on the laptop.
  2. Host a weekly playdate with our friends from church. This will be a blessing for the kids, the moms, and will help me be diligent in my house cleaning tasks. I've already sent out the invitations for this.
  3. Read! Read! Read! Abigail is finally old enough to enjoy chapter books. =) Just think of it ... Little House on the Prairie; Betsy, Tacy, & Tib series, The Boxcar Children, and so many more!
  4. Pick strawberries and blueberries at local farms. This was something I enjoyed doing when I was a child.
  5. Spend one morning baking something that will be a blessing for an elderly person at our church. Abigail can draw a picture and we will deliver it together in the afternoon.
  6. Pack a picnic and go sailing. Mr. K bought a small sailboat this winter and we are looking forward to spending many lazy hours on the Chesapeake Bay.
  7. De clutter the house from top to bottom. This is actually something that Abigail can help me with now and it is a wonderful opportunity to teach her to be generous to others.
Do you have any plans or goals for this summer? If you do, please share them!

God Bless,

ERIN

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...