Last summer was NOT a pretty sight. I was pretty much an drifting boat without a sail. Four out of five weeknights, Mr. K would come home from work to Abigail and I having horrible fights. This summer I'm making a few concrete goals so that everyone in the Kortering family will have a pleasant summer.
- Television free from June 1 to August 31. I don't want to have the temptation to use the "electronic" babysitter so I'm going to move the tube to the basement. We can watch occasional DVDs on the laptop.
- Host a weekly playdate with our friends from church. This will be a blessing for the kids, the moms, and will help me be diligent in my house cleaning tasks. I've already sent out the invitations for this.
- Read! Read! Read! Abigail is finally old enough to enjoy chapter books. =) Just think of it ... Little House on the Prairie; Betsy, Tacy, & Tib series, The Boxcar Children, and so many more!
- Pick strawberries and blueberries at local farms. This was something I enjoyed doing when I was a child.
- Spend one morning baking something that will be a blessing for an elderly person at our church. Abigail can draw a picture and we will deliver it together in the afternoon.
- Pack a picnic and go sailing. Mr. K bought a small sailboat this winter and we are looking forward to spending many lazy hours on the Chesapeake Bay.
- De clutter the house from top to bottom. This is actually something that Abigail can help me with now and it is a wonderful opportunity to teach her to be generous to others.