Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pizza Night

Wednesday is Pizza Night!
I think the Homemade Variety is the Best =)


This is how I make my Pizza Sauce. 
It's SOOOO simple ... you are sure to love it as much as I do!

 
Heat 3/4 cup of water in Pyrex measuring cup to a boil.  Three minutes does the trick in my microwave.




Mix the spices together in a small teacup.
Why?  I just like to do it that way.  =)



Stir into the boiling water a can of tomato paste and a squirt of honey.  
Use a fork to get it nice and smooth. 
(Forgot to take a picture of this step!)


Dump in pre-mixed spices and stir really well so there are no clumps. 



DONE and Ready to Go!
This recipe makes enough sauce for 3 pizzas.  
In our family that means Friday night is ALSO Pizza Night.



One more thing ... wear an apron.  
I always spill or slop something on me when cooking with tomato products.



EASY-PEASY PIZZA SAUCE 
  • 6 ounce can of tomato paste
  • 3/4 cup boiling water
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar (squeeze of honey)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder


2 comments:

Erin said...

I am going to have to try your sauce!!! It sounds wonderful.

- said...

I love homemade pizza but I hope nothing spilled on that beautiful apron!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...