Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chex Mix ... a Favorite Fall Snack

 
  Mr. K has eaten this all his life and it is his FAVORITE snack.  =)  

His Grandma made it for him as a child.  

His sister, Amy, made it for him when he was in college.  

Now I make it for him and maybe one day I'll pass the torch on to Abigail.  =)


Melt 1 stick of butter in the microwave.  Add season salt and Worcestershire sauce.  Mix well with a fork.


In a large mixing bowl, combine Chex/Crispix, Cheerios, Goldfish, and Honey Roasted Peanuts.


Pour butter mixture over dry cereal mixture and gently stir together.  
Divide between two cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees.  
Stir and rotate cookie sheets 3 times during that hour.

It is SO good and SO easy to make.  
I might even call it healthy ... at least you know EXACTLY what is in it!

CHEX MIX
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 1/4 teaspoons season salt
4 1/2 teaspoons Worchestershire Sauce
4 cups Chex or Crispix cereal
2 cups Cheerios
1 cup Goldfish (original recipe calls for pretzels but Mr. K doesn't like them)
1 cup honey roasted peanuts (original recipe called for dry roasted peanuts)

Mix wet ingredients.
Mix dry ingredients.
Combine together and spread on cookie sheets.
Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour - stir every 20 minutes.
Store in gallon Ziploc bag (if it lasts that long LoL).


I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!

Love,

Erin

10 comments:

Unknown said...

My MIL used to make this. We didn't use cheerios.

Then they started making the mix bags in the stores. They're not nearly as good as this recipe you make at home.

Thanks for reminding me to make some of this.

- said...

It's so good, I know. I treat myself to it every Christmas. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Renee said...

Thanks for the recipe Erin (I just love my snacks!) I'll have to give it a go!!!!

Kim said...

Love this! We make a very similar recipie at our house, too. It's so addictive!

Erin said...

Chex mix brings back so many fond memories. I must make some for my kiddos...

Katie said...

Hey Erin, Katie from Cheerios here. We love your post about Chex mix so much that we would love to share it with our fans on Facebook! Do we have your permission to post it to our Cheerios Facebook page? http://www.facebook.com/Cheerios
No matter what you decide, great recipe!

Erin Joy said...

Katie,

Wow!!!!!! I'm tickled pink that you like my recipe and want to share it with all the FB Cheerio fans. =) You are more then welcome to use any of the pictures from the tutorial and post a link back to the recipe tutorial. Please do not C&P the text from my blog. =)

Erin

Katie said...

Hey Erin,

Katie from Cheerios again. We just plan to say a little something about how much we like your recipe in our Facebook post and link it back to your original.

So happy you're tickled, thank you!

Erin Joy said...

Sounds great, Katie! Can you come back and leave a comment with the FB link when it's up?

Katie said...

Hi Erin,
I just posted a Facebook update with a link to your recipe. Check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/Cheerios

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...