Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Mid-Week Musings

Abigail received this lovely, old-fashioned baby doll carriage this weekend from some wonderful friends.  
She adores it ... Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. D!


I crocheted another potholder and am very pleased with the results.  It's a little bigger then usual ... just the right size for those bigger pots and dutch ovens.  I'll work up a tutorial in the next week or so to share with you.  =)

Today was the Fall Brunch for my Coffee Break Group.  There is always some sort of "activity" after we eat.  I diverted from the usual "ice breaker game" and did a book review.  They are books that I've read that I found to be very encouraging and helped me grow to be a better wife, mother, and woman.  I'd love to share the titles with you:


I talked about starting a Gratitude Journal ... write down five things every day for which you are grateful and thankful.  I sent them each home with a Journal so they can start this practice TODAY.  =)



I know I sound like a broken record but ... THANK YOU for reading my blog!!!!  There are almost 100 followers so I must be doing something right.  =)  Keep the comments and emails coming ... they always make me smile!

Love,

Erin

4 comments:

- said...

Abigail is so cute and the journal idea is fantastic. Can't wait for your potholder tutorial.

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Love the idea of sharing book titles. I also love to read books, not only for fun and enjoyment but to make me grow and have more insight and wisdom. xo Robin

Kim said...

I have to write those titles down . . . especially since I wasn't there, AGAIN. John was sick today. Ugh. The sickness is making it's second round through our home. Hopefully I'm now immune. :)

Hazel said...

I have the second book I think it is called Having a Mary Spirit. That's good. Lovely little doll's pram. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...