Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dutch Girl's Top 10 Cleaning Products

Some of these are more natural then others but they are what I use to get the job done!
  1. Vinegar - I use it in the my washing machine in lieu of fabric softener.
  2. Parson's Lemon Scent Sudsing Ammonia - I mop my linoleum floors with this. It's cheaper then Pin Sol and I like the scent much better.
  3. Murphy's Oil Soap - I use this to wipe down my kitchen cabinets once a month just like my grandmother did. The scent brings me back to my childhood.
  4. Borax - I started using Borax when I was washing cloth diapers instead of using bleach. Now I use it on my whites and towels.
  5. Microfiber cloths - I use these on my Swiffer instead of the disposable kind. I do recommend you pick off the big dust bunnies before throwing it in the washing machine to prevent any clogged hoses. =)
  6. Birdseye flat diapers - My all time favorite rag. They are large, thin, absorbent, soft, and cheap. I have a dozen that I purchased at the Thrift store for $2. =)
  7. Baking soda + dish soap - I just discovered this make-at-home soft scrub last week and it works REALLY well. Wet the sink, sprinkle on a tablespoon baking soda, add a squirt of dish soap (or hand soap or shampoo), mush it into paste with the corner of your sponge and clean away. It rinses clean without the chalky residue of Comet.
  8. Scrubbing Bubbles - This is the most toxic item on this list but it's the only product that keeps our shower clean. It must be the way our bathroom vents but our shower grows pinkish slim very easily (sorry for TMI).
  9. Windex - This is toxic item #2 on my list and I plan on switching to vinegar + water once I've used up my Windex supply. But it does make my mirrors sparkling clean.
  10. Castile Soap - I fill one side of my kitchen sink with warm water, add a generous glugg of this, and wipe down all my appliances and countertops. It smells so good and is very gentle on my hands.

I'd love to hear what are your favorite cleaning products. Perhaps there is something I should try. =)

God Bless,

ERIN

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...