Thursday, April 17, 2008

MMMMMeatloaf

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn was on the docket for dinner last tonight. It happens to be Mr. K's all-time FAVORITE meal.


Here is the recipe that I used:
Robbyn's Meatloaf
(This recipe comes from a OAMC website)

2 pounds ground beef
1 cup oatmeal
1 egg
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 cup milk
1 carrot, grated

Blend milk and carrot to pulp. Mix with remaining ingredients. **Here is where I diverged from the original recipe and tried something new.** I shaped the meat mixture into a free form loaf in a 9x13 Pyrex dish and slathered the top with ketchup. I poured water into the Pyrex dish so that the bottom of the meatloaf was covered with water by about 1/2 inch. This was not an original idea but something I learned at Tammy's Recipes. Bake for 2 hours at 300 degrees. Let sit 5-10 minutes before slicing.

Mr. K's response ...

"This is the best meatloaf I've ever eaten!" What was that, dear, I don't think I heard you correctly? "This is the best meatloaf I've ever eaten!" LOL I had him say it three times. =) What you see above is a leftovers lunch all ready for Mr. K to take to work.

God Bless,

ERIN

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...