Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Peak into a Yarn Dyer's Kitchen

Tuesday was a cold and rainy day ... perfect for finishing up a yarn order.  I'll be hand delivering it next week when we are in Michigan for a family wedding.  It's going to a lovely yarn shop in Hudsonville, MI called Painted Trillium Designs.


Dye stock solutions at the ready.  



Where all the magic happens!

I love my dye pot - it is so roomy and deep. =)  My friend Sue gave it to me when she was de-cluttering.  Her trash became my treasure.  Do you see the missing knob on the stove?  I take them all off but the one I'm using so that I don't accidently turn on the wrong burner.  Yikes!  What a mess that would make!


Yarn cooling in the sink.  

I rinse it well with water and hair conditioner.  That's my "secret" ingredient for making the yarn smell so nice.


Here I am!  Jill of all trades, master of none.  LoL


Yarn drying on the porch. 


2 comments:

zarina said...

Thank you for sharing. I too dye threads (fine for crocheting and tatting) but the word best is painting.

I too am a person of many crafts but master in none.

Regina said...

Looks beautiful! Now I have to go touch some yarn...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...