Monday, May 03, 2010

Meal Plan Makeover

Instead of doing a single post on Monday with my weekly Meal Plan, I'm going to put it in the sidebar.  If by chance you actually follow and fix the same meals I am, you'll be able to find it much easier. =)

Do you see a method to the madness of my meal plan?   Try saying that 10 times really fast.  =) 

Wednesday is homemade pizza night.  Many families make that meal on Friday, but I prefer a pick-me-up half way through the week.  This week I added a SECOND pizza night, Saturday, because it's fast, cheap, and we all love it. 

Tuesday is soup night.  I can pull this off as long as it's a hearty soup and I serve a really gooey grilled cheese sandwich along side.  No sissy "soup and salad bar" for Mr. K.  =)  There are 3 or 4 soups in the rotation at this point that are family approved, but I'd like to add a few more varieties. 

Going into the hot summer nights, Monday and Thursday are going to be Grill Nights - chicken one night and beef the other.  One of the easiest "recipes" in Freezer Cooking is dumping boneless, skinless chicken breast in a freezer bag, slather it with a homemade marinade, seal it, and freeze it.  My meat loving man would not complain if I grilled hamburgers once a week for the entire for the entire summer, either.

Friday is casserole night.  I'm talking a big 9x13 of lasagna, burritos, cottage pie, or meatballs, so that there will be leftovers for Saturday AND Sunday lunches.

Sunday night is a breakfast meal such as pancakes, french toast, pig in the blankets, or an omelet. 

I'm heading out the to the post office in a bit to mail out Mother's Day cards.  That was a friendly reminder for you to do the same.  =)

(FYI,that's a picture of about 1/2 my pantry that was reorganized 2 weeks ago.) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...