Thursday, September 24, 2009

Did you Know Fabric can TALK?!?!

Today I pulled out this collection of fat quarters by Tina Givens.  I got them from Whittle's Fabrics ... imagine that.  =)



























There are 20 prints which is just perfect for a Turning Twenty quilt.  I was hoping it would turn out looking something like this quilt.  Isn't it beautiful!!!




















But I couldn't make the first cut.  The fabrics kept saying "No, No!  Another pattern.  No, No!  Another pattern."  So I put down my rotary cutter and stepped away from the fabric.  After a short time browsing Flickr, I found this bit of inspiration:























Perfect and all the fabrics agreed!  I can't wait to lay it out, sew it together, so that I can show it to you.

Love,

Erin

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I like the brick pattern over the turning 20 pattern too. Love those fabrics.

Barbara said...

I like the brick pattern over the turning 20 pattern too. Love those fabrics.

Sue Shimomura said...

Love it, Erin. I'm so glad you listened to the fabric! I always think that if you spend some quiet time with it, it will tell you what it's supposed to be. :-)

Dolly said...

I like the first pattern best, but I know that the bricks will look great done in that collection.....I think you have quite a bit more variety than the person had that made the rectangular quilt.

My generation (quiltmaker-wise, not necessarily age-wise) drove ourselves crazy trying to best each other with the almighty triangle, thinking every block had to look like something (such as a star or a basket, etc.) I love the simplicity of today's quilts.......what a regeneration !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...